Saturday, August 12, 2006

DH Conley XX Camp 2006



I just returned yesterday from the running camp put on by DH Conley's Head XX Coach Coleman Bailey. The camp was a week long and was in the Christmount Facility located in Black Mountain North Carolina. Also participating were runners from South Central HS led by Head Coach Scott Johnson and Farmville HS led by Head Coach Pat Greene. I assisted even though I had no runners at the camp. We did a variety of talks and there were plenty of runs each and every day. I was impressed by the tenacity of each and every one of the runners. The runners got the opportunity to go to Sliding Rock and to go white water rafting. All in all it was a good time for the runners to tune up for the upcoming XX season. As a runner, I just couldn't pass the opportunity to pass on what I have learned about mountain running and to be in the presence of such great athletes. Congratulations to South Central High School for setting new 5K course records this year. Sarge ran a blazing 24:02 and Kimberly set a new girls record with a 29:19. I wish all the schools and their athletes the best in their fall seasons.